Skip to main content

our night

Let me tell you about our night. We are sleeping, it is 4:30am and I suddenly awake, to what? The Warning Siren for tornadoes! I wake Sam up and we go get the kids so that we can get into the basement. The whole time he is telling everyone to stay calm. Each child grabs their blanket and pillow and goes downstairs. Then it dawns on them, as they are waking up that the animals are still upstairs. Alex runs up for the ferret, Joey grabs Jabbers the rat- and Maria tries to look for Grabielle the cat, which she thought was in the garage but was actually outside. She got upset thinking something might happen to him out there. I told her he is safe and would be fine!

We are all downstairs hearing the siren, waiting to see what would happen next. I guess the dog had to go to the bathroom, and decided to go in the corner which stank up the whole room. Maria starts gagging, trying to pick the mess up. All the boys have their blankets over their nose, as do I and we are all giggling at the ridiculous sight we were sure we all were.
Noah had NO clue what was happening, all he knew he was awake before it was time to get up and it was a good time to play and talk. We stayed downstairs till 5:45am then I was ready to go back to my own bed. The kids at that point were wide awake so they watched a movie.

What fun it was...(haha)

Comments

  1. Wow!
    So this proves you don't have to leave your own back yard to have some excitement. Was there a tornado reported? I've never experianced tornadoes but for some reason I dream about them all the time. Poor Maria! Just tell her it was good training for motherhood.
    :)
    Love
    Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds scary to me! Glad nothing bad happened. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...