Skip to main content

Tell me about it Thursday #2

One Day at A Time

image

"An event in your life that changed your life forever"

There are so many things that I can think of that has changed my life forever. Things I did, and choices others have made that affected my life but this one still affects me.

The event I think I will talk about I am hoping will help or prevent another from making the same mistake I made.

Let’s give you some history: I had all my children so very young, starting at the age of 19 years old, 20 years old, 22 years old,24 years old, and 25 years old… boom boom boom-before I knew it I had 5 beautiful children. Being a young mom- I came to Christ at age 21- though I gave my heart to him, I had NO IDEA, how to live my life for Him or how to give my life to Him. So like many young converts I flailed in the waters searching for the narrow path. Un-discipled, unguided, relying on my own understanding( oh boy was that trouble) and falling in all the pitfalls that was placed before me along the way.

After our last baby- my beloved decided he was absolutely done having children. (We both lacked the understanding that we were not the ones who provide but it is the L-rd who provides through us.) So-fear gripped his heart and he was DONE. 

“NO more”, he said.

My heart was not joined with his. I struggled with the thoughts of saying I was absolutely done forever. I was not comfortable with the thought of closing my womb forever,but in concordance with the desires of my husband’s heart I agreed to have my tubes tied to prevent more life from coming from me. (MY LIFE CHANGING EVENT)

Years past(10 to be exact) you do become complacent and satisfied. I was raising my children just like every other family. The battle of the world at my feet always. Their one foot in church and the other in the world.

“HEY isn’t that how it is suppose to be”at least I had peace while they were at school. I had time to do whatever I wanted all day. The L-rd had another plan for us, for our family. The ordinary is not what he wanted for our family.

The L-rd began to tug on my heart and spirit showing me that there was another way to give my family the foundation in HIM, I wanted them to have.  At the time- I was introduced to an incredible woman-Celina. She was a homeschooling mother and I could see Christ manifesting from everything she did. Of course, I wanted a piece of that,so we began our homeschooling  journey.

It was not long after the homeschooling  journey began did the L-rd grieve my heart over the decision I made years ago. The thought of what it would be like to bring children up totally dependent on the Lord, without some of the corruptions my children experienced, brought me to a point of complete repentance for NOT relying on Him in the first place.

I knew that the L-rd would have to bring my beloved to this place as well before anything could be done to rectify my sin. At the same time- the L-rd had been speaking to my beloved. One evening he came to me in great mourning, and repentance, knowing he had to right the wrong he convinced me to do,so we both searched for a way to right my body and give it back to the  L-rd.

We found a reversal ministry, similar to  The Lord’s Heritage, we applied for assistance and were accepted. We did the waiting game like everyone else on the list and finally in 2005 I was able to have my surgery. 

In Nov of 2006- the L-rd blessed our lives with Noah. He is a joy and a comfort to us all. We have been given another chance to do the L-rd’s will in our lives.

My heart still yearns for more and I often think, how many would I have if I had not taken matters into my own hands?! I still feel like I am missing ones… I often find myself counting 1,2,3,4,5,6 hmm everyone is here but why do I feel there are some missing?!

I know the L-rd has forgiven me for not relying on Him completely, but can I forgive myself because that “mistake” has left a hole in my heart, and aching in my arms that has changed my life forever.

 

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...