Skip to main content

Get Involved....

Homeschooling is being threatened. School systems are feeling the damage of when parents realize their responsibilities . The pressure is on the school system when  parents decide to care for and educate their children. The threat is imminent towards homeschooling families, and we must face that threat head on through being involved, being aware of what bills are being passed, and how they will affect our homes.

How can you - a "nobody" make a difference?
Did you know that CHAP ( Christian Homeschooling Association of Pennsylvania) stays aware of the changing laws of Pennsylvania? Getting involved with CHAP and volunteering is a way that you can make a difference in the homeschooling community.

Secondly, becoming aware through HSLDA (Homeschool Legal Defense Association) alerts for our state. HSLDA is an advocate and a voice for homeshooling rights and freedoms. Becoming a member for $11.00 a month or a yearly fee of $120.00 aides in the fight for our rights as homeschoolers.

Did you know that homeschoolers are one of the most discriminated groups in the USA today? Businesses and other people do not see us as "truly" educating our children because we are not doing it the way "the system" mandates.

Statistics show that homeschoolers score higher in every subject on any tests. Document on Statistics  for Homeschooling

Many students leave public school without the capability of reading or writing. It has been shown and proven over and over that the educational system of America is on a downward spiral. It is not educating; it is programming children. The teachers teach the children what they want them to know, not what they need to know, or what they should know. Many people who agree that the system is breaking down, a number turn to private schools. They think it is a better alternative, but the government mandates them as well. Who do you think tells them the criteria of what they are to teach and when?

My point about all this is to share with you the importance of our involvement and support towards those who are fighting for our rights. Be aware of what is happening! Open your eyes because the changes may not affect you in the here and now, but it will affect our children and their future ability to home school our grandchildren. Support your local homeschool legislative groups. In Pennsylvania, it is

CHAP Legislative

Let's get involved.

Your Servant,
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...