Skip to main content

Quotes on Homeschooling and Education

Quotes on Homeschooling and Education"My grandmother wanted me to get an education, so she kept me out of school." --Margaret Mead

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." --Mark Twain

"What is most important and valuable about the home as a base for children's growth into the world is not that it is a better school than the schools, but that it isn't a school at all." --John Holt

"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself." --John Dewey

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children--because it isn't about school. It's about families taking their children back and educating them as they see best. It's about giving birth to a child and loving that child enough to want to nurture him and be a part of his life until he no longer needs you. It is the natural thing to do. School is only a substitute for the real thing." --Kathleen McCurdy

"An educational system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life." --Author unknown

"The experience of homeschooling is as much about adults uncovering the shimmering, infinite quality of learning itself as it is about kids absorbing knowledge." --Eileen Fisher, Editor, EdPress Online

"The truth is that schools don't really teach anything except how to obey orders." --John Taylor Gatto, NY City and State Teacher of the Year.

"There is, on the whole, nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school." --George Bernard Shaw

"A life worth living and work worth doing -- that is what I want for children (and all people), not just, or not even, something called a better education." --John Holt

"In general the best teacher or care-giver cannot match a parent of even ordinary education and experience." --Dr. Raymond Moore

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." --Isaac Asimov

"Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind. Let early education be a sort of amusement; this will better enable you to find out the natural bent of the child." --Plato

"I believe that school makes complete fools of our young men, because they see and hear nothing of ordinary life there." --Petronius Satyricon

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed these quotes.
    I pray you are doing better.
    God Bless you!
    Celina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha