Skip to main content

The meaning of the Cross

image

2 Corinthians 5:21

This morning I listened to Paul Washer.  His sermon called “The Cross of Christ”

This sermon spoke so deeply to the lack of understanding of the Cross and the sacrifice that Christ gave for each of us.

We will never fully grasp the greatness of the Cross.

Could you raise your face towards heaven and say “ I have loved you as you deserved to be loved, L-rd”?

There has never been a moment in Christ life that his love for the L-rd did not shine through. There is never a moment in our lives we can say that we have loved the L-rd as Christ has!!!

Christ was treated ,before the throne, as the sinner should be treated. He became a cursed for us.

What does it mean to be a cursed for  man?

A cursed means that a man is so vile, and depraved that the last thing he hears before going into hell is everything Holy applauding and rejoicing.

 

The only reason you are blessed is because he was cursed. Every good and perfect blessing you have is the result of the curse Jesus bore for you!

Christ bore every curse so that we could be blessed.

Be Attitudes

Blessed

Cursed

  1. granted kingdom of heaven
denied entrance into heaven
2. recipients of a divine comfort receive the wrath of G-d
3. satisfied miserable and wretched
4. receive mercy condemned without mercy
5. shall see G-d cut off from His presence
6. sons and daughters of G-d Disowned

 

It means that every curse listed above Christ bore for us on the Cross,so that we could be granted the kingdom of heaven, receive comfort,be satisfied, receive mercy,see G-d, and be called sons and daughters of G-d.

 

Do you think Jesus was fearful over the Cross and bled in the garden over the nails or the whip?

 

No It was the wrath of G-d he feared. The wrath He drank for us!!

 

Dear Saints

It is so hard for our  minds to comprehend the greatness and suffering of the Cross. Mothers sacrifice daily to take care of their families and even that sacrifice is nothing compared to the Cross. Father sweat to provide and even that is nothing!!

I am forever in debt to our L-rd Jesus for what He did for me. I can never love him the way I should! But I will strive to do so- with everything I am, and everything I do!

Will you?

 

Heavenly Father-

We honor and adore you. We give you praise because you are worthy to be praised. We ask you to hear us now and forgive us     L-rd of our sins.

Help us L-rd to understand your Word. Help us to live it in our lives. Help us to share you, your love, and the greatness of your sacrifice with others.

Be with us as we begin a new week of schooling, or work.

For Thine is the Kingdom and Power and Glory forever and ever- Amen

 

May these Words speak to all of you

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...