Skip to main content

Betrayal,deception and realization

There is never a dull moment within our home.One of the things we knew and realized when Sam stepped out to become a leader and elder of our church that attacks would come, deception and temptation for us to ruin our testimony for Christ, would come. And that is exactly what happened. He used one of my children as his tool to do exactly that,in that deception was also the ultimate betrayal.  Truly betrayed with a kiss-

A parents, as well as leaders within our church, we have every right to share concerns, things we see, to guide and counsel our children to righteousness. We have the right to help them see and not be deceived or lead by their flesh, but that very counsel was used against us. Also used as a door for him to walk away and do things his way, so that he could be removed from our accountability.

The pain of that betrayal, deception is so raw in my heart. I was driving yesterday in tears, crying out to my Lord and I came to this realization,if my pain is so raw and real over this sin against us. How much more is it for my Lord? How much more pain does he feel when we sin?

Our sin ,though we may not feel it, causes our heavenly Father much pain. His heart breaks, as ours does with our children,when we have sinned against His Word and his principles.

How do you deal with that pain, and sin?

What does scripture say we should do?

The only true way to deal is by the word of God,because any other way is doing it in our own understanding. Doing things in our own understanding is truly not safe or Godly.


First you do is:

“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear you, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the ekklesia. But if he refuses even to hear the ekklesia, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.” ( Mt. 18:15-17)

Which we have done many, many, many times... spending hours upon hours in counsel with this child. Directing him in the Word and showing how deception, lies, manipulation is sin, also giving him biblical principles that satisfying your flesh is sin. We have had counsel with others present.

Secondly,
Paul gave us this instruction many times. To the Romans, he wrote, “Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.” ( Rom. 16:17; top ) “Divisions” (Greek – “dichostasia” [1370]) is the double standard of saying, “You must believe exactly as I teach or you must leave this circle of fellowship and go find or start your own circle.” “Offenses” (Greek – “skandalon” [4625]) are “stumbling blocks” or “opportunities to fall.” The man who steadfastly refuses to compromise the truth is not the divisive one – the ones who choose any side but the truth are the ones causing division. One causing offenses here is not one whose stand for truth and righteousness pricks the thin skin of others – one causing offenses is the one who causes anyone to fall away from the truth and righteousness of Christ in any way, something which will occur to “many” in the last days. ( Mt. 24:5 , 10-12; top ) And “contrary to the doctrine you received” is not a reference to whatever “church” teachings or denominational creeds you happened to grow up with – it is a reference to the original faith delivered once for all to the saints of God. Note these ones who divide and offend contrary to the only Christ and avoid them – not continue to “fellowship” with them in the hope they will someday outgrow their divisiveness and stumbling of others - avoid them.

We are at this point, after many years of counsel and many cycles of the same sin over and over again just with different people, but still the sin of his flesh. It is time for this to happen.  He has left us with no other choices. He continues to be convinced and be totally confused in his own behavior. Convincing himself that he dealt rightly by what he  has done and even sounding noble. His agenda, is not for repentance or that he understands the level of hurt but for the sole purpose of pursuing this relationship while destroying the relationships he states are the most important in his life.

This is where we stand, at the road of betrayal, deception, manipulation and with the realization that all of his life we have been trying to save him from himself. Save him from imploding, but one who is bent on sin and destruction no matter how hard you try will do just that.

Even our Lord tried to save Judas from himself, tried convince him by making him a disciple that He is the Lord and the Messiah, and guide him, and show him the truth, but yet he betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

Lord may we stop living as if we have tomorrow.  Help us to stand on your WORD. Replacing the desires of our flesh with Your Will, Your Word and Your desires.

Solo para gloria de Dios,



Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...