Skip to main content

Defeat vs Victory


Living in sin or endless cycles of sin, never seeing the sin for what it is.. Defeat-
Why do we do it? Why do we relinquish ourselves to the flesh, never seeing it coming? 
Are we really so blind to think that satisfying our flesh in anyway is NOT SIN??? Its like a swirling tornado in our lives, destroying everything in its path.

I  know why in the WORD The Lord put story after story of the Israelites inability to resist their flesh. Their were two reason why they seemed always to submit to their sin.
 1. They did not believe GOD.
 2. Their desire for self over rode their love for Their Lord. 


All seasons of SIN is rooted in unbelief. Think about that- every time the Israelites committed sin it was rooted in the fact that they did not believe The Lord was going to fulfill His promise to them. Wondering around the wilderness for their unbelief and NO MATTER what The Lord did - they still complained and they still rebelled because they did not believe. They wanted immediate satisfaction, immediate relief- all because of their flesh.  

They remained in this cycle of Defeat-

                       Slavery------>  Deliverance------->  Testing------>  Prevailing Unbelief------>Slavery....

The Lord continues to place us in the same situation waiting for us to start believing that HE is able to Prevail. 

NOTICE I SAID HE- yes we prideful, ungodly, rebellious humans think that we are able. That "we got this", then all of sudden we find our selves right where we were before... In slavery(sin). We even have the nerve to think," I have no idea why? or how I got here?"  I have NO IDEA "why I cant stop?" I have no idea why I cant stop lying, deceiving, and manipulating. You honestly believe that you,in yourself have the ability to defeat the sinful man within you??

This is who we are:
sexually immoral, morally impure, promiscuous, idolaters,  angry, selfish, willing to cause division, envious, drunkards, (Galatians 5:19)- this is natural to us. This is even what we desire because our hearts are deceitful and desperately sick (Jeremiah 17:9)


But there can be an end to this cycle - we can enter into a cycle of Victory(I use that word loosely- not as a charismatic word, but as Christ would- for HE is victorious in US and through us)


       Slavery(sin)-------> Deliverance-------> Testing-------> Prevailing Belief------>   Promised Land (Lord's word manifested in us and through us)

We can put off the flesh through the death and resurrection of Christ- dying to our flesh and raising ourselves in Him being dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of our flesh, He has made you alive in Him. (Colossians 2:9-13)


Dear Saints - The Lord desires for us to end the cycles in our lives. He desires for us to be lead by Him and not just one who knows the Word, and regurgitates it at our convince but one who truly lives it out. Truly allow Him to break the cycles within us. Remember- our actions and walk speak louder than our words. 


Solo para la gloria de Dios

Angie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...