Skip to main content

Leaving Home..

This questions remains in the back of my mind... 

Where is it within the Word-the adaptation that has occurred in Church Society that when a young person becomes 18 years of age- that they are to go out and "spread their wings" and live on their own? 

The bible is so clear on so many facts- sin, purity, marriage, men,women, children, relationships with one another and the foundation of the church, but the bible has nothing to say about this matter. I beg to differ. I believe the bible is clear its just that parenting a young adult is so difficult that it has become easier for parents to say "do what you want" and to turn a blinds eyes to their sin than to live out what the Word has.

Let's begin with this very simple verse:

This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24 HCSB)


Everyone knows this verse- this is the verse for marriage the one that tells us exactly what is to be done when a man marries. He is to leave his mother and father and bond himself to his wife.

 Now here is the question- if he is a man, one of 18 years or older and he was to be out on his own, finding his way, spreading his wings, and "figuring this out on his own" then why would this verse say," this is why a man LEAVES his father and mother..." This would imply that he is still living at home right??? Yes, in this verse there is a clear understanding that young adults are to stay home until marriage. 


Why should young adults stay home until marriage?

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22 KJV)

Psalm 119:9-10 ESV 

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!

1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV 

Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.


1 John 2:16 ESV 

For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

How do you flee youthful lusts on your own? Living by yourself?

Accountability and living life per your own understanding with out the protection or spiritual counsel of your parents becomes difficult which is why so many Young adults from the age 18-30 years of age leave the church. They return after they have married, after they have lived a life of immorality, and sexual sin. All because we have within the church adopted the philosophies of the world in believing that once they turn 18 years old, my job is done. 


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV 

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.



The bible says WOE to him who is alone- but that is exactly what we have done. We have left them alone. Left them to themselves.

Proverbs 14:16 ESV 

One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.


We have become reckless and careless when it comes to the hearts and souls of our young adults.. At the same time they have become foolish in thinking that they can do this on their own. 


The Word is clear again- though not mentioned but twice - a man is to leave his mother and father and bond himself to his wife- these verse spell out what a young person is to do in the season before marriage. Stay home under the spiritual protection of your parents, pray, and be in the Word. 


Lord we again have failed- guide us with your truth. 


Solo Para Gloria De Dios

Angie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...