Skip to main content

" I told you so"...




Words that echo in my mind and heart.

 We have believing family members, ones who say they love Christ , but live in a typical "evangelical" way. Meaning their lives do not show the fruit of Christ it should show. Materialism, and keeping up with the standards of society is more important than being different and living out the Word.

As we(my husband and I ) brought our children up we fought against being just like everyone else in Christianity. We desired to be different, to bring our children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. We desired the way of the Lord- trying to help our Children understand the true sacrifice of the Cross and that we are not to make a mockery of that sacrifice through continuing in sin.




Romans 6


1.What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7For he that is dead is freed from sin.


But yet we find many believers continue life as usual never truly changing, going to church to be sanctified and feel better each week.

This same believing family mocked our diligence, criticized that we home schooled, and "sheltered" our children from evil, and brought them up to live righteously. I remember one of these family members stating that they could not wait for the day that my children ran from the Word, ran from the biblical principles we lived by and ran straight into sin so that could say:

" I told you so"

"I told you that being "religious" was going to make them run straight into sin. You aren't suppose to be so strict. You aren't suppose to expect your kids to live out the Word of God. No one does that, who does that? No one in the real world. "

Those words have haunted me. They have made me strive to give the Word to my children and not fail so they could not say "I told you so". I know that  their heart  is wrong. I know that I was bound to obey the Word,  the rest is up to the Lord and the rest was His job to penetrate the hearts of my children to Him. But yet in this season;those words, her face echoes through my mind. I can see her gloating, finding satisfaction in the fact that one of my children has chosen his flesh over the righteousness of Christ.

How sad that someone would even think or even wait for the day for my children to fall.

What they don't realize is like them, they need Christ just like any lost, hurting soul. Why would someone want to see a loved one fall into darkness just to be right?

It saddens my heart in so many ways, but most all of  because it proved that diligence, sacrifice is not enough.

Lord Forgive us


Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...