Skip to main content

Standing Alone...

Noah stood alone for 120 years preaching to hardened, people whose lust of their flesh and their own understanding became more important than the WORD OF GOD..

Lately, we have had to make a stance of the convictions, and biblical principle of purity. One where the hearts of some of my children have not adopted, and actually turn their backs on.

"Thus, purity is not just a matter of abstaining. It is a matter of the heart, of motives, and, ultimately, love for God. If we really love God, we will make every effort to be pure in his sight. Thankfully, when we do fall short of His desires for our lives, we can be confident in what Christ already accomplished through his death and resurrection. With all that said, here are 10 Bible verses about purity, some of these verse are a matter of purity of the Heart from any sin.
Psalm 24:3-5 (#1 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity) 
3 Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? 4 Those who have clean hands and a pure heart, who do not put their trust in an idol or swear by a false god. 5 They will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God their Savior.
Psalm 51:9-11 (#2 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Proverbs 16:2 (#3 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
2 People may think all their ways are pure, but motives are weighed by the LORD.
Matthew 5:8 (#4 of 5 Bible Verses about Purity)
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Philippians 1:9-11 (#5 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 2:14-16 (#6 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.1
Timothy 1:5 (#7 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.2
Timothy 2:22-23 (#8 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity) 
22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
James 3:17 (#9 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
1 John 3:2-3 (#10 of 10 Bible Verses about Purity)
2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure."

This command given to us in the Word- are not my words, or my beloved Husband's words, but the Word of God's. Those are His Word- that we as believers have to stand on. STAND ALONE if we have to but what it comes down too, young people look around and see "Christians" living in immorality and enjoying it and having their cake and eat it too. Going to church doing the "Christian" thing, even believing that they are clear to take communion. Though they have gone against the very heart of GOD. 
They have convinced themselves with " I am not doing anything wrong." "I am doing what everyone else is doing, everyone now adays has a boyfriend, everyone has sex before marriage, everyone "experiments" before they get hitched and tied down. I wasn't brought up that way. "
Proverbs 4:

1Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
3For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
4He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
5Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth

These words were posted in Proverbs as a reminder to young people- that parents give wisdom, give good foundational truths to live by, not to foresake them, that the truths that are given are for Wisdom. But so many foresake the truth given to them. Many walk away thinking that the truth given was optional, or even Naive and DUMB enough to think that these are my "parents convictions and standards" The low expectation within the body, the low expectation with in the church for people to actually live out the Word of God in their lives, and truly STAND ALONE- is shocking. 
People have no DESIRE to be different, they have NO desire to stand in the gap and live out the Word of God. They want to be liked, loved, in spite of what the Word of God says. (refrain from youthful lusts) They condone actions by stating,"we arent doing anything" even though we are kissing and fondling one another.

 That's not doing anything? That is putting yourself in to temptation- Temptation that will lead to  the sin of immorality.
Standing for Christ means just that- standing for HIM, submitting whether you understand or not under HIS authority and  relying truly on HIM. Not doing it when it suits you- using HIS Words when it benefits you. 
We will stand alone- WE WILL STAND ALONE- regardless of whether people around us understand or not. WE WILL STAND ALONE- and part of standing is not accepting ungodly things. Standing on the convictions and standards the LORD so clearly revealed to our lives and heart over 10 years ago.

WE WILL STAND ALONE
ARE YOU WILLING TOO? Even it means ending a relationship? Even if it means your family will turn away from you? Even it means- foresaking YOURSELF for HIM?
Solo Para la Gloria de Dios


Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...