Skip to main content

Which one are you?



 As I think about situations that I  have come into as Sam and I serve within the body of Christ, I realize that many people are one person or another. Either they  understand the heart of Christ and understand who they are to be in love in the body unconditionally or a Pharisees continuously judging one another, rebuking in self righteousness, and even back biting one another.  

We are to show a lot of grace and encouragement at all times.  We are to encourage one another with our words even in times of strife, even in times of difficulty. Our words are always to be season with salt. We're always to be the loving example of who Christ is and what he had done on the cross for us. Always sacrificing ourselves, our preferences, our personal wants and desires for another.

 In the book of acts when the church first gathered the people gave up all their own belongings. They sold their goods for the good of the body to strengthen each other and to sharpen each other and the active love was the ultimate act of love,which was the willingness to give every thing for the other. 

WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

 Are you that person willing to give up everything or are you that Pharisee who is pointing and judging and tearing others down. The truth be told that in the temple as Jesus grew and preached the word of God conviction came on the heads of the Pharisees. They then in turn looked at Jesus in judgment and wickedness. 

Do you look upon others with judgment and wickedness?

 Do you look at a sister or brother in Christ judging their actions without ever  really truly knowing their heart motives or even spending enough time with them to really know them in Christ??

  We spend so much time looking at our neighbor but yet we forget that we also need Christ. Christ died for our sins not just the sins of our neighbor, not just the sins of the person that we're pointing our finger to, but also for our sins.

 Do we examine our own heart??

 Are we looking at The Word then at ourselves?

 Do we see ourselves in the light that others see?

 Which one are you?

Are you one who loves unconditionally?Or are you one that has conditions to their love with expectations on top of it?

 Jesus died for us unconditionally there's absolutely nothing that we ourselves can do or have done. There is absolutely nothing with in ourselves worth him dying for but he still died in that unconditional love for us because He loved us. 

Often times people's expectations of  another's behavior is what causes them to judge. They expect a certain behavior from pastors wife, expect a certain behavior from an elders wife or Deacon's wife or leaders wife whatever the leader is without ever realizing or considering the fact that they are also a sinner saved by grace. 

Grace fine word!! Grace!!! God can bestow that grace on us so lovingly and undeservedly. How can we not have Grace? Christ showed that grace to us when we were yet  in sin but yet we are still unwilling to give that same grace,in our words or actions to another. We forget!!!

 Which one are you ?

I asked that question to you today in hopes that if you're going through a situation of difficulty with a brother or sister in Christ that you would examine your own heart first!!

Solo Para La Gloria De Dios  





Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...