Skip to main content

Friendships

Hello dear sisters and saints
Babygirl has not being feeling well so she has had me on and off awake all night. I am not very good at that so this last time I decided to stay a wake for a bit for my own sake and hers.

I have been laying here contemplating friendships. I got to thinking of my beloved husband. He truly is an incredible man, incredible person. He has this friend- work buddy that adores him. Yes this man is older than he is but he often text me asking me, "how is he really Angie"- I want to know the truth. He worries about his physical well being. 

On Father's Day this same gentleman contacted me and said " I wanted to give Sam a gun but I know he won't just accept it, so here is the deal, you gather a dollar $1.00 - from every child in your home and I will sell you this gun for $7.00. The kids then can give him this gun for Father's Day." I agreed of course. I got the gun and since I know nothing about them had no idea the true value of this gun. When Sam opened it on Father's Day I even thought wow that is a nice looking gun. 


I envy their friendship. I have traveled through life seeking a friendship with someone as they have for one another. Oh as you know it is so much more than the gift of the gun. The heart that this man has for Sam so willing to give up something of great value to the world so he can have it. At the same time caring for him as a man and being sure he did not step on that man ego! (Which is where the "buying" it came in )

How come Lord I don't have that?
What is about me that keeps women from loving me? From caring for me and wanting to walk through life with me? 

Friendship - what does that look like and mean?

John15
13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
Friendship to me is someone you are safe with. No matter what you say or how you say it they know your heart and love you through it all. I try to love with all that I am.

Proverbs 17:17 

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Friendship to me is realistic- we aren't always going to agree on everything or see eye to eye, but through that friendship and love words can be exchanged without offense and we can love through our differences.



Solo para la Gloria de Dios






Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...