Skip to main content

Happiness

 

What does happiness mean to you?


Hmm happiness is never really defined correctly. Too often is it correlated with things or even emotions. Each of these in which are temporary states that can vanish or change with any given circumstance.

Happiness to me go hand and hand with a sense of inner peace The Lord has given me and the joy that only comes through the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Simple things bring me so much happiness... The first cry of a new born baby, when my sweet children show me their love for me through their thoughtful actions as a gift or just being a blessing, my beloved husband- just his mere presences brings me so much happiness (when he isn't driving me crazy) :) when I take a fantastic photograph, when I encourage someone with the Word and restore things even if it is just for a moment a sense of peace that only comes from Christ, when God uses this broken vessel to teach others the Word, homeschooling My sweet boy and babygirl.

Would you describe yourself as a naturally happy or unhappy person?

In a perspective of life I have a tendency to look towards the negative though I will often encourage others in the opposite direction. In others words I will encourage others in a positive way and discourage them to not to think negatively. But naturally and personally I would be... Hmm I hate to say unhappy because I don't feel like I am unhappy. Guess the best person to answer this would be my beloved husband... So we will ask him- He says a happy person ... Good because that is how I see myself.

A time when I felt really happy and a time I made someone else really happy..
I don't know- I know that I try to stay in a mind of happiness and positive. I try very hard to be happy with all the blessings The Lord has bestowed on my life even through my trials.

Happy are the people with such blessings. Happy are the people whose God is Yahweh. (‭Psalms‬ ‭144‬:‭15‬ HCSB)

Happy are those who keep His decrees and seek Him with all their heart. (‭Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭2‬ HCSB)

Happy is the person who trusts in You, Lord of Hosts! (‭Psalms‬ ‭84‬:‭12‬ HCSB)


Lord thank you for giving me a heart that longs after you and a peace that surpasses all understanding. Amen.

How would you define happiness?

Angie




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...