Skip to main content

Thinking of the Week That Just Ended

 

Who made you feel good this week?I am thinking, I am thinking- My sweet little man made me feel good this week. We had a busy two days. Friday we went to Lake Tobias and Sunday we went to Hershey Park. We were standing in line at hershey park waiting for something and he turns to me and says - "mom you are truly the best mom in the whole world." His sweet sincerity is what touched me so deeply. It was unprompted by anyone and it truly touched the deepest place in my heart. My older children have said that to me in the past when they were little at one point or another but my little man actually saying it in a way that I actually believed that I was the best mom in the world. I wish I could have captured that moment so I could replay it forever and ever, but it will always be in my heart.

What was the biggest mistake you made this week? allowing my flesh to react to a situation. It reminds me of what the scripture says- I do what I dont want to do and I dont do what I want to do.

What did you do this week that moved you closer to reaching your goals?Currently I am in midst of enrolling in college. I was able to gather the necessary paper work so I can enroll in my classes.I am excited and intimidated at the same time. I want to be successful at everything I do but most of all I desire to get closer to Christ.

What did you most enjoy doing this week? I enjoyed riding with babygirl on her first roller coaster. she was the shortest in line and I know the youngest. She loved it. She cried when it was time to get off the ride.

Many things happen in a week that often we dont take the time to reflect on it, or even think about what we would change about it or what was the most important moment of the week. I am grateful that The Lord has given me my mind to remember and trap some of these precious moments I had with my sweet ones. I desire so much to give them the better side of me, and give them a solid walk in Christ Jesus. Lord help me not to fail you- and may you grant me the days to do what you have called me to in both of my sweet ones lives.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...