Skip to main content

Seemingly homeless

I wonder how people feel about the subject people standing on the side of the road declaring their hunger and homelessness. But don't look dirty. They have very expensive sneakers on their feet and just don't really appeared to be homeless . I realize the Bible says "when a man ask for your coat .you're to give them your cloak also" but what do you do in these kind of situations ?where it's doesn't seem to an apparent need. When it is away of making a living. It is a kind of manipulation, right? Are we as Christians obligated to help in these kind of situations ?

Today as I was sitting at the light on the corner of second Street and Forster there was a gentleman with a sign stating traveling homeless and hungry and on the curb in front of where he was a brand-new bag of chips that was open and an unopened bottle of Gatorade. These chips were not cheap chips it was "nature's promise organic chips" . I can not even afford to pay that kind of price for potato chips but yet someone who is homeless traveling and hungry can pay that kind of price for chips ? I know what you are going to say, what if someone gave him those items. True what if they did? But what if they didn't? What if he was able to purchase those items, along with his very nice Nike, in great condition sneakers?

What do we do in this kind of world where God is commanded us to feed the hungry and take care of the poor and yet we look around us and they don't look hungry? They seem to be taking advantage of people's good-natured hearts to their financial game.

I know the agreements. We give without worrying. Allow God to take care of the rest. Like giving to an alcoholic. You give it to him what he does with it is on him. Is it really? Should we not be wiser than that?

I am curious of your thoughts on this matter.


Your Servant Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...