Skip to main content

" I told you so"...




Words that echo in my mind and heart.

 We have believing family members, ones who say they love Christ , but live in a typical "evangelical" way. Meaning their lives do not show the fruit of Christ it should show. Materialism, and keeping up with the standards of society is more important than being different and living out the Word.

As we(my husband and I ) brought our children up we fought against being just like everyone else in Christianity. We desired to be different, to bring our children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. We desired the way of the Lord- trying to help our Children understand the true sacrifice of the Cross and that we are not to make a mockery of that sacrifice through continuing in sin.




Romans 6


1.What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7For he that is dead is freed from sin.


But yet we find many believers continue life as usual never truly changing, going to church to be sanctified and feel better each week.

This same believing family mocked our diligence, criticized that we home schooled, and "sheltered" our children from evil, and brought them up to live righteously. I remember one of these family members stating that they could not wait for the day that my children ran from the Word, ran from the biblical principles we lived by and ran straight into sin so that could say:

" I told you so"

"I told you that being "religious" was going to make them run straight into sin. You aren't suppose to be so strict. You aren't suppose to expect your kids to live out the Word of God. No one does that, who does that? No one in the real world. "

Those words have haunted me. They have made me strive to give the Word to my children and not fail so they could not say "I told you so". I know that  their heart  is wrong. I know that I was bound to obey the Word,  the rest is up to the Lord and the rest was His job to penetrate the hearts of my children to Him. But yet in this season;those words, her face echoes through my mind. I can see her gloating, finding satisfaction in the fact that one of my children has chosen his flesh over the righteousness of Christ.

How sad that someone would even think or even wait for the day for my children to fall.

What they don't realize is like them, they need Christ just like any lost, hurting soul. Why would someone want to see a loved one fall into darkness just to be right?

It saddens my heart in so many ways, but most all of  because it proved that diligence, sacrifice is not enough.

Lord Forgive us


Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha