Skip to main content

Believing God....

This week I started a Beth Moore study with Maria.. it has started fantastic ... I have watched the video twice.. considering actually watching it a third time because it is truly is worth watching. The first time I watched I did not receive as much as the second time. That second time so many things spoke to me...
Like the one thing she stated is how the Lord desires to bless but with blessing we must be obedient. And believe in Him...
Are we worthy of his blessing? Can He trust us with it?
We have a 5 statements-
God is who he says he is
God can do what he says he can do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ
God's Word is alive and active in me.
She gave this one story.. where she is walking her dog and a head she sees to ducks sitting in this small puddle. She looks up and just over this small mound is a gorgeous pond and she thinks, " now why are those ducks sitting in that small puddle when there is this gorgeous pond just a few feet away" She says she knows our heavenly father is saying the same thing... " umm hello you are sitting in a puddle.. look up there is a beautiful pond awaiting. HELLO you are sitting in a puddle" ( of course this does not justice to her facial expressions and southern accent but you get the point.)
We spend so much time Not Believing the Word which is why we struggle on living the WORD.. if you dont BELIEVE IT then how can you possibly live it in your life. You spend  time battling the tanglible here and now against the that was then philosophy. Part of us truly living for CHRIST is BELIEVING.. I am so excited to see what the Lord will do in my life these next few weeks as I seek HIS WORD, to truly BELIEVING GOD and making my reality and my theology be one in my life.
In Christ
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...