Skip to main content

Watching one suffer


Even in this picture though he is smiling he is in pain.

Guess one of the hardest things as a stay at home-wife is watching your husband suffer and struggle  just to do regular things to provide.(like getting dress each day or sleeping) My beloved has been suffering in last few months with lots of pain.He has very bad arthritis in his neck and hips and a bulging disk in back.His need to provide for this very large family leaves him at times with this responsibility to do more than just the nine to five job 5 days a week. 

 I get frustrated because I feel like  he should be taking better care of himself, taking opportunities to rest and put his feet up when needed but he doesn't take those times. My frustration comes from worry and hurt because I can't fix him or make his pain go away. These are the times when I am challenged spiritually, when I know what the Lord's Word says" let him ask and I will give him the desires of His heart." I repeatedly ask for a miraculous healing for his servant. I see my beloved and know HE IS WORTHY of GOD to intervene, but then I have to digest that it is NOT HIS WILL.  How? How do I sit here and watch him struggle and suffer to endure and get through each day? Sometimes I JUST WANT TO SCREAM in agony for him. My heart hurts and I think "Lord how much more can he endure?" How much more can he go without even being able to  bend over to tie his sons shoes?

 PLEASE LORD intervene.. I am not worthy to ask anything of you. I am not worthy to come before your throne, but be merciful to your servant who loves you so much, and  is not able to function or think of anything else but getting through each working day, and getting home. 

How sisters do you deal with suffering that you see your beloved go through? 
What do you do? 

Griefly Yours 
Angie

Comments

  1. I am so very sorry that your husband is and has been in pain. I can only imagine how hard that must be. I know when my husband is sick, the only thing I can do, is to get him to rest and pray. I will pray for your husband to be healed, and no longer be in pain. Thoughts and Prayers are with yall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...