Skip to main content

Do we realize?

This morning as I read the Scriptures this verse really stuck out

JHN 5:19 ESV

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

It gave me such a clear picture of a small child mimicking his father, literally following in his footsteps watching everything his father does.

Parents(we) do not realize how much our children watch us. How much they mimick  our behavior. Do you wonder why your children have not dedicated themselves to Christ? What is your walk like? Do you wonder why your children do not pray? Do you pray?

Our children are a direct result of us. How we are, how we treat each others, and them. How we walk with  our Lord.. everything we do they watch, they learn.

Christ stated - he can do nothing on His own accord, but only what he SEES the FATHER do. He was taking all his cues, direction from His heavenly Father.

Did you know that we can have that VERY same relationship with Our Father? The Word clearly gives us direction on what He wants us to do, and how He wants us to live.  He sent His Son to be the living, breathing, walking example for us to follow.  So often I hear from people, it is just to hard to live " the Christian Life" but it comes down to, we can not do it in our own accord. We can't mix the world and Christ. It is like oil and water, they will never mix well,  one will settle on top of the other. The world will always seperate you from HIM.

I pray you are blessed by this insight. I been trying to type this out for 3 days, and of course have lost most of what I wanted to say. But the Word of our Lord bring  your heart alive and towards HIM.

Be blessed
Angie

Comments

  1. Amen... I completely understand. We biblically homeschool our children. Everything they are learning now, will be from us. It is most important to us to teach our children about God. Pray to God ALWAYS, and not just in time of need. Teaching our children about God and Family actually brings us all closer. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...