Skip to main content

You open your mouth but does it matter?

Have you ever felt like  you open your mouth words are coming out but no one is listening?
I feel that way sometimes.. I have so much to share... so much the Lord reveals to me, but there is NO one who is listening. Why give me these gifts of leadership, prophecy, discipleship and not give me some place to use them, and grow them? I wish I would have never found out what my gifts are!!
Why bother? It is wasted on a WOMAN! The challenge is I am a woman, so I have to be careful how excited or passionate I get about sharing the Word. I have to be careful how loud I am when I want to scream "Halleluia- you dead souls can you not see and  do you not realize HE lives".   So instead I sing as Loud as I can. I have to be careful not to allow the excitement of Worship over take me, that all I want to do is just bow before HIM and weep. (Nope not allowed)  SO in the bottle of "woman be silent" I go, kicking and screaming, rebelling and resisting because the meek and quiet spirit I was not gifted with. How do I be what I am not?

How do I sit back? How do I become the "meek and quiet" spirit? I have tried so hard. I even went as far as to put a head covering on in hopes that it would change me. In hope that it would make me that woman that scripture speaks of. I will never be her. I will always fail, because of my strength, boldness, insight, and love for the Lord and His statues that I have a hard time closing my mouth about. This passion is on fire within me, how do I take water and put it out? Then what would I be? Who would I be? Would I even like who I am? Be yet my voice is not heard because   Its a voice of a woman.....

Allowing my heart to overflow,
Angie

Comments

  1. But you know what gifts He has given you!! I have been reading and contemplating 1 Cor 12 all week. I don't know what gifts He has given me. To be honest, I feel like I have no gifts to share. It is great you have something to share, even though you do not feel like you have a way to get it out. (or a way to *properly* let it all out) Do you have a woman's Bible/worship group? Maybe you are supposed to lead one? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...