Skip to main content

Daily scripture and thoughts



Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:8 ESV)


Dear Ones-

We spend so much time thinking about so many things.. money in which we dont have enough of, girlfriends, lovers, spouses, our wants, our flesh, children, and list can go on and on- but the Word reminds us of the things we should be thinking about. It reminds us - that if we want to stop just living mediocre Christian lives then we have to STOP thinking about all the meaningless things and start thinking about things that will change us, change our thought process and change how we deal with things and others.

So many people(believers) who know the Word and think they live for Christ but yet their sin is the same, it never changing always the same- have you wondered how to change it? .... are you ready for it??


STOP THINING ABOUT YOURSELF-- STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU ONLY- stop thinking about your flesh, your wants, your desires.. want to know how to stop???

here you go- here is the recipe and it is given right here in the word " THINK ON THESE THINGS"
 What things you ask?

what is true- the Word
What is honorable- Christ
Whatever is Just- His law
whatever is pure- His Salvation
whatever is lovely- His creation
whatever is commendable- the very Character of God

There you have it- what do you plan on doing with it now? This is not a new Word- you may have read it before or even memorized but are you living this Word in your life?? Are you sure??? Can someone look at you right away and see the light of Christ living within you? or do you look like everyone else? Are you acting like everyone else?? When will you stop making excuses and start seeing that the time to change and live for Him, In HIM and with HIM is now!!!

Lord thank you again for another profound truth.. Another reminder of what we are to be thinking of, how we are to think!! Help me Father to think of these things!!
In Jesus Name- Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...