Skip to main content

Do we realize?

This morning as I read the Scriptures this verse really stuck out

JHN 5:19 ESV

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

It gave me such a clear picture of a small child mimicking his father, literally following in his footsteps watching everything his father does.

Parents(we) do not realize how much our children watch us. How much they mimick  our behavior. Do you wonder why your children have not dedicated themselves to Christ? What is your walk like? Do you wonder why your children do not pray? Do you pray?

Our children are a direct result of us. How we are, how we treat each others, and them. How we walk with  our Lord.. everything we do they watch, they learn.

Christ stated - he can do nothing on His own accord, but only what he SEES the FATHER do. He was taking all his cues, direction from His heavenly Father.

Did you know that we can have that VERY same relationship with Our Father? The Word clearly gives us direction on what He wants us to do, and how He wants us to live.  He sent His Son to be the living, breathing, walking example for us to follow.  So often I hear from people, it is just to hard to live " the Christian Life" but it comes down to, we can not do it in our own accord. We can't mix the world and Christ. It is like oil and water, they will never mix well,  one will settle on top of the other. The world will always seperate you from HIM.

I pray you are blessed by this insight. I been trying to type this out for 3 days, and of course have lost most of what I wanted to say. But the Word of our Lord bring  your heart alive and towards HIM.

Be blessed
Angie

Comments

  1. Amen... I completely understand. We biblically homeschool our children. Everything they are learning now, will be from us. It is most important to us to teach our children about God. Pray to God ALWAYS, and not just in time of need. Teaching our children about God and Family actually brings us all closer. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha