Skip to main content

Multigenerational Promise

preached by Voddie Bauchman


These are the notes I took as I listened to this outstanding sermon by Voddie Bauchman. Of course my notes will not even be a portion of this sermon. To get the full affect of the message please take the time to listen for yourself. You will not be disappointed, nor will you walk away from this message with a void!

This message is based on Jeremiah 29:11- the most misused, ripped out of context verse in all the bible

This verse is a promise- but be careful to claim promises that belong to a certain group of people. We want to claim this promise but not the promise of 2 Timothy 3:12 gives us. Rarely do we pray for this claim! We also try to side step the scripture of the "Great Commission" Why because most of us think like Secular Humanists- We believe we are to consume and enjoy, so we see Jeremiah 29:11 as a promise for us to come and enjoy.

What happens when hard things come? First thing we do is ask WHY,God? Or when actually begin to think that God has actually lost control or is not present.

Many of us are leading a defeated Christian lives!

There are a few things we need to understand about this verse- so we will go back to Jeremiah 29:4- which shows all this happened because the Lord spoke it in advance. The people were not surprised. They knew it was coming. The prophets had warned them.

First we need to know that and believe in the ABSOLUTE SOVERIEGNTY OF GOD
-we believe that things happen outside of God's soveriegnty.
- we believe that only the wonderful things come from the Lord but what happens when we are in the woodshed? Is God not there?
- Do we not experience discipline from our earthly fathers, why not our heavenly Father? As a child of God we can experience difficulties by the hand of God.

What we are called to as Christians is not a life of Ease. We are to live a life of righteousness,and holiness.

IF YOUR LIFE GOES DOWNHILL FAST GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!!

Secondly you are going to be there a long time.
Notice in Jeremiah 29:5 He tells them to build houses, have children, find wives for your sons, and husband's for your daughters. Why is that? Because He was warning them they were not going anywhere any time soon!


Thirdly you must see the multigenerational promise - He did not tell them in his instructions to have the 2.1 children. He told them to have children. He told them to multiply. Those who entered into the land would not be alive to see the promises of God be fulfilled. Imagine if they did not do as God said. Imagine if they did not have children, who be there to fulfill the promise?





Dear ones there is so much more to this sermon- I pray you will take the time to listen to this most powerful man of God!

Your Siesta, Sister, and friend


Comments

  1. Angie,

    Thanks for the comment. I haven't had a chance to listen to the sermon. I agree that the Bible is given to us as a whole and not for us to shop around and pick and choose scriptures. I do believe that some OT scripture is taken out of context but Galatians 3:29 tells us that "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" and therefore I do think we can look at some of the OT promises as also being promises for us as well. However, like you said, it's important to know and stand on the Bible as a whole and not just pick out the pretty pieces and put the rest away! We often don't want to hear the tough stuff or the convicting stuff! I love God's Word and I love that He continually reveals Himself to me through Hiw Word! It's all about knowing Him!

    Blessings
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...