Skip to main content

What do you say at times like these?


CJ- a precious little boy who needed prayer. I saw him first on a Siesta site(Annie's eyes) and who could resist the precious face, and the big blue eyes. At 14 months old he was already a heart breaker. I read his life thus far and the more I read, the more I loved this little boy. His family had endured alot for his sake to make him well on this earth. He needed a heart. I searched daily on any new news on this precious gift. I prayed knowing the Lord was with him. Yesterday the Lord took this wonderful gift home with him. The grief hit me like a ton of bricks. I cried for this little one- I never met, and grieved for the Mother I could not hug and say I am sorry.

What do you say at times like these? How do you comfort knowing the pain is so sharp and fresh? All words seem so empty and in vain. There is no instant remedy for this kind of pain. Yes I know the LOrd is control. Yes I know that CJ- sweet baby, is no longer suffering, but are there right words?? I also know he is walking with Jesus- or even running, but how do you comfort those in grief?

Myer family- thank you for sharing with complete strangers your gift from Heaven. Thank you for allowing us to have a small piece of him as well. Giving us an opportunity to know of him- He will be remembered. His sweet face, and beautiful eyes will always be remembered.
May our Lord bring you peace in this time of grief.

In Christ

Comments

  1. Hey Angie...
    What a precious little boy CJ was.
    Praying for his dear family. We can't imagine....we just have to cling tight to Jesus.

    Praying for you as well my friend.
    Hugs and blessings!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet words of comfort you offer Angie. You know God is in the middle of this for your heart to be so touched by a little boy in Virginia. It seems words fall short, but yours convey much love and peace. Love to you, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I hope I can get something coherent written here, as I am running on fumes right now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet tribute to my little grandbaby, CJ. We loved/love him so much and it's hard to believe we won't hold him anymore on this earth and kiss him and tell him how much we do love him. We know he is with Jesus and, yes, that gives us peace and brings a smile to our face, but there is still the grief to get through. We so appreciate your prayers....they are what has gotten us through thus far, and will continue to carry us.

    Thank you, Angie, you truly are a dear and you have beautiful children!!! God bless you.

    Love, Jean
    CJ's Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...