Skip to main content

Daily scripture and thoughts

“At that time, declares the Lord, I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they shall be my people.” Thus says the Lord : “The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness; when Israel sought for rest, the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. (Jeremiah 31:1-3 ESV)

Through Isreals adulterous hearts The Lord was faithful and desired reconciliation with his people. He has always longed for faithfulness, dedication and love of His children, yet we all so easily wonder from Him. We seek to fulfill ourselves with empty things. Temporary fulfillment. He continues His faithfulness to us inspite of our doubts, and wavering hearts.

Think about how people love, one minute they are so in love, and the next second that love is gone- truth be told loving someone is a choice - not a feeling. Feelings are infatuation or lust not love. The Lord has chosen to love His people, his children inspite of how they love HIM. His love is not based on what we do or how we act.( unlike how we love others )

His love is an everlasting love, a love where He was willing to come to this earth as a baby and die on the Cross..that is true LOVE.

Dear ones  love is one we are to have for our Lord as well as our brothers and sisters. We can't love others based on their actions. We can't love based on circumstances or based on whether they called or act like they care. If that is the conditions to love then we will fail as well. We will not be worthy of love because we do not love others in that way. 

Love as Christ loved that is the command. He loved unto the Cross knowing we would not love him, He loved  us knowing we doubt, and not believe and even justify why we shouldn't love- He loved us in our sin.

Solo para la Gloria de Dios

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...