Skip to main content

Why do you do what you do??

These questions have been cultivating in my mind and heart for months... 
Why do I do what I do?
Why do I homeschool?
Why do I give the Word?
Why do I counsel my children?
Why do I counsel them according to the Word?
Why do I stand for purity in flesh as well in the heart?
Why do I believe in courtship?
Why do I believe that when people enter a family it is not their place to destroy and interfere in relationships?

Why why why?
I homeschool because I desire for my children to live for Christ. I desire for them to be fed things of righteousness, and to have a fighting chance to go against society in area for the sake of the Cross. 

I give the Word because it what I am expected to do and as a follower of Christ it is my everything. If I am to call myself a believer in Jesus then I am expected to follow in HIS footsteps and live by HIS WORD.

I counsel my children to see them glorify Christ in their lives, To be the men and women of God, and keep them from stumbling around in their faith and in their walk. Determined to do life their way inspite of what the Word of God so clearly states grieves Christ. Example:

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Here  lies the problem... my children know the truth. They have been given the WORD, and yet they continue in sin. Choosing the ways of the World. Fornicating, and having immoral relations without sex and because they are not committing the act of intercourse justifying their sin and standing before the Lord, crucifying our Lord Jesus once again. And again come justifying in saying well "I am not doing anything wrong" or " I am going to marry her" so all this is suppose to wipe the sin away. 

Hebrews 6
4For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. 7For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.8But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.


Though they have been given the Word, they are producing thorns and thistles in their lives. Their ground has been cultivated. We have discipled them, we have guided them. We have shown them what was immodest in clothing( things that are way to tight or cut way to low or too short), and we have shown them the standard the LORD placed before them in how they are commanded to live as followers of HIM. But yet they forsake IT- with lies of justification and sin.

I continue to counsel my children in the Word because I will stand before a mighty God someday. I will stand for what I have not said, for what I seen and allowed, but I stand for HIS Word and the LORD's righteousness. Not the lies of this world that say-" they must make their own mistakes and live with them" or even the one that so many like to say " you have taught them right,you have to trust what you have taught them " 
Does these things leave me exempt from speaking the truth or setting the boundaries that need to be set when they need to be set? NO as long as some are in my home and those who are not step foot in my home, the WORD of our LORD will go forth, and The standard and guidelines we LIVE by is that very WORD!!!

I stand for purity because the Bible has 53 different bible verses about fornication. The greatest sin we all commit against our Lord is one using our own bodies. 

I believe in Courtship because it was the bible standard used in scripture for a man and a woman to come together. They remained pure till the day they became one. They did not have any physical contact.

My last questions is one I think so many need to take heed - when you enter into a family- it is not your place to fix that family. It is your place to love that family, the good and the bad. You will not understand the dynamic of that family. You WILL  not understand the relationships but it is not your place to intercede in those relationships and change them. Your intercession will do nothing but cause divisions between family members which is wrong.

I pray that the pondering of my heart that someone will be encouraged and enlightened.




Solo para la gloria de Dios
 Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...