Skip to main content

Tragedy and loss..


Early Saturday morning my beloved received a phone call from our Pastor and His friend- He needed urgent prayer. He was rushing to the hospital his granddaughter only 5 months old, was not well. He said from the limited information he had that they were saying she had died. When he hung up the phone my beloved laid there for a few minutes not sure what to think. The Holy Spirit prompted him to go to David. He said something to me, and I said go. In the meantime I was trying to contact David's sister - whom I am friends with. I asked her how she was. She called me in tears, so I knew that I was needed as well. We hurried dressed, brushed our teeth, and headed to be there for our Dear Family in Christ.

When we arrived David and His beloved wife were standing by the door and you could see the grief and pain all over their faces. Karen who is always a pillar of strength tried to be strong, and smile, but you could tell the pain. Her smile was one that showed that though she was smiling- she could not understand what was happening and why. David knowing the Word of God said "God is still on the throne, and still sovereign." Saying it in a way not only to encourage us but also to convince His own heart which was breaking with lack of understanding.

How do we make sense of a life that was taken so suddenly?
How do we find an answer to that question that is so often asked and never answered?
How do we find peace in these kind of tragedies?

Dear Ones
I have NO profound answers for you. Truly these are questions we all have and have  asked at one point or another in our walk with the Lord especially in a place or season where there is so much pain and no clear answers.

Looking at this past weekend, one thing is for sure, the LORD is who He says HE IS.. He is sovereign. HE is a wonderful creator, and though that little life left us so quickly, with barely any time to live it. She has left an impact on the hearts who knew and loved her.


Little Angel one day we will stand with you in Heaven- You are now in the arms of the GREATEST FATHER- Glorify to Our Lord. 


Solo para la gloria de Dios

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...