Skip to main content

How do you see Wisdom?


This morning this has been on my mind- Wisdom- What is it? How do you see it?

Wisdom- 1828 Webster
 The right use or exercise of knowledge; the choice of laudable ends, and of the best means to accomplish them. This is wisdom in act, effect, or practice. If wisdom is to be considered as a faculty of the mind, it is the faculty of discerning or judging what is most just, proper and useful, and if it is to be considered as an acquirement, it is the knowledge and use of what is best, most just, most proper, most conducive to prosperity or happiness. Wisdom in the first sense, or practical wisdom, is nearly synonymous with discretion. It differs somewhat from prudence, in this respect; prudence is the exercise of sound judgment in avoiding evils; wisdom is the exercise of sound judgment either in avoiding evils or attempting good. Prudence then is a species, of which wisdom is the genus.

Proverbs 1:2-7
For learning what wisdom and discipline are;
for understanding insightful sayings;
 for receiving wise instruction
in righteousness, justice, and integrity;
 for teaching shrewdness to the inexperienced,
knowledge and discretion to a young man —
 a wise man will listen and increase his learning,

and a discerning man will obtain guidance
for understanding a proverb or a parable,
the words of the wise, and their riddles.
 The fear of the Lord
is the beginning of knowledge;

fools despise wisdom and discipline


Proverbs 3:13-18
Happy is a man who finds wisdom
and who acquires understanding,
 for she is more profitable than silver,
and her revenue is better than gold.
 She is more precious than jewels;
nothing you desire compares with her.
 Long life is in her right hand;
in her left, riches and honor.
 Her ways are pleasant,
and all her paths, peaceful.
 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her,

and those who hold on to her are happy



Wisdom is suppose to be looked upon as a precious thing, something to be cherished. Is that how you see it? When your parents are sharing their wisdom, their knowledge to guide you- do you see that as a curse or a blessing?

Do you see their heart? They have your best interest in mind, they care about what happens to you, and how many pits you fall into. Why would you desire to fall into those pits? 

We live in such a sadistic world- living lives stating "we must experience it for ourselves", " we need to learn on our own", " the best way to learn is to do it and go through it yourself", why? Where is that in scripture? Have you thought about how your see things and think? Does it line up with scripture are you a result of society, doing what others do, learning as they go, and not seeing the blessing behind the Wisdom given to you through your parents or older wiser counsel. 

Who do you seek counsel from? Older wiser people or people your own age, who doing things as you are doing them??

I wish when I was young I saw the wisdom being bestowed on my life as cherished jewels. I did not have anyone guiding me through scripture. I had no idea what or how precious those words were. Now through the pain, through life, I have come to this place realizing how foolish youth are, and how they take advantage of their youth, their time, the moments the Lord gives them to embrace wisdom, and use it to bring glory to HIM in their lives. 

 SO be it another generation who does not LOVE wisdom or see it as the blessing it is. 






Solo para la gloria de Dios
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...