Skip to main content

Daily Scripture and Thoughts

Matthew 4
17From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say,Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.



This verse is not uncommon to most believers, but truth be told not lived out in their lives. Repentance what is it?
What does it mean to be truly repenttive?
Do believers live understanding that the Kingdom of heaven is at hand?
Do we realize that we know NOT the hour that a Savior will return?
Do we live our lives with that  belief and understanding in our fore front?

Or do live in sin today not thinking about when or if we will see tomorrow?

re·pent·ance

  [ri-pen-tns, -pen-tuhns] 
noun
1.
deep sorrow, compunction, or contrition for a past sin, wrongdoing, or the like.
2.
regret for any past action.


True repentance brings someone to a point where they do not want to do whatever they were doing again. They turn from it without ever looking back.

Is that how you live? Or do you continually live in a state of sin? Does that sin control you instead of you controlling it?

Dear Ones,
Sin sneaks up on all of us. We think that we can keep control of it. Truly we can not control sin. It controls us. When stress welds up in your life, what do you turn to?
When things seem to not go your way, what do you turn to?

We must have a understanding that we are to live in a constant state of repentance. Humbling ourselves constantly before the eyes of God with an understanding that The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

Thank you Lord for your Word ever lasting. Help us to live in a state of repentance, confessing our sins, and seeking accountability in our lives if necessary.- In Jesus Name- Amen


Solo para la gloria de Dios
 Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...