Skip to main content

Daily Scripture and Thoughts

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20 ESV)


Dear Ones-
This truth is one we do not pay much attention too. We focus so much on things that do not matter and never take the time to check our hearts on the deep things that do matter.

Do you hold resentment or bitterness toward a brother or sister?

Each one of us are created differently, we act, talk and do things different. Different is NOT bad. It is a blessing, different brings challenges and balance to our hearts.

My Sister-
is so different than I am. She has to stay crazy busy. She is so crafty that it oozes from her pores. Her creativity has been such a blessing in my life. I love how different we are and I cherish her because of her differences. Is that how you feel about your brother or sister? Though I do not understand her differences  I made a choice to embrace her differences because honestly I have no desire for her to be like me.

Is that how you feel about your sibling? Do you  prefer one over the other? Ask yourself why? What is it that keeps you from connecting, loving and embracing that sibling? Does that sibling challenge you? Why not embrace those challenges and love like you have never loved before? Focus on the good and not on the bad.

We are command to love and if we have difficulty loving those who are right in front of us, then how can we love the Lord whom we can not see?

Be challenged dear ones- and examine yourself and rectify yourself before the Lord and your sibling if needed.


Lord- thank you for the reminder of how we are to love. How we are to love each other, our families, our brothers and sisters. Some are easier to love, but Lord help us to love the ones that arent easy to love. Help to love as you love us, because we know we are not easy to love at times either. Thank you for a new day and a new chance.

In Jesus Name
Amen

Solo para la Gloria de dios
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...