Skip to main content

Give ear to my prayer O Lord-


Psalm 84:8-12 (New King James Version)

Psalm 84


 8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
         Give ear, O God of Jacob!  Selah  
 9 O God, behold our shield,
         And look upon the face of Your anointed. 
         
 10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
         I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God 
         Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
         The LORD will give grace and glory; 
         No good thing will He withhold 
         From those who walk uprightly. 
         
 12 O LORD of hosts,
         Blessed is the man who trusts in You!


The prayer of my heart this morning. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of the Lord than to dwell in the tents in sin! He is my sun and my shield. He gives me grace even in my times of blunders! I praise HIM because NO Good thing will HE withhold from me as I walk uprightly! I know Lord that those GOOD things are not things in my understanding or things of this World, they are things of God! The things that I desire! Lord help me to trust fully in you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...