Skip to main content

As we wait....

As we wait for our lives to go back to normal it is so hard to depend on others. At the moment we are at Mr. and Mrs. Sellers home in Missouri City, which is an hour southwest of where we live. It is amazing though to look around this suburb of Houston and see that it is up and running with normal opertions, while other cities still suffer without power. Most everything is up in running here. I arrived here on Wednesday, I dropped all my things off and went on a mad hunt for a laundrymat. I was not the only one with the idea either. There were TONS of people there. I waited my turn to wash, and my turn to dry. The process was a 3-4 hour process. The children were helpful!(Praise the Lord) The poor baby was so tired though! Laundry was washed. 

I walked back into Mrs. Sellers- and was not here 10 minutes and her power was back on. Noah and I were doing "the praise the Lord dance". If you have never done the Praise the Lord dance you ought to try it! It makes you feel so good! 

So she has power- which has made communication much easier. My family has been frantic trying to get a hold of me. Cellular service is suffering here. Of course- No power means, no phone, and no internet.

I have looked online for our estimated time for us to have power- they are saying Oct 5th- Can you believe it? We are to stay away from our home till Oct 5th- I just can not do it. I can not stay away, and live that long away from my own things! But I must praise HIM for a  place to come to, and for the fact we still have a place to go home to. Many here lost there homes- I will upload photos of the devistation so you can see!

I pray all is well with you!


Comments

  1. I am so sorry that you all still are without power but I'm thankful you are somewhere that does have power!

    Blessings
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie for the update, we are shocked to see the photos of all the damage. Praise God you all are okay. I'm glad you can be where you have aircon and means of communication. I"ll talk to you soon!

    love and blessings to all!
    celina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to get to a home with power with the baby. I can't imagine not having milk or mac and cheese during those days my kids were little! You take care. You are in my prayers.
    Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about you guys. Glad to know you are safe and have power where you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...