Skip to main content

Lonely Quiet Saturday

Hello Friends-Siestas, family-
It seems like ages since I last blogged, even though I posted something yesterday- it was more of a "HELLO I AM ALIVE" post then a post of things on my heart.

Going through a crisis like a hurricane surely reminds us of how much power the earth has, and how much we must rest in the arms of our Lord. When the winds were blowing, hearing all trees falling, the whole time I kept praying to the Lord for protection over the house, and my family. Fear slowly was creeping in when I started to cry out to the Lord. As quickly as that fear came, is as quickly as that same fear disappear. The Holy Spirit was with us, protecting us through the storm, as He promises in His word. We are to rest in His arms and find the peace only He can give!

Earlier in my posts- I shared a photo of a VERY large tree that feel in our yard... there is a story that goes with that tree-

The first part of the storm came with LOTS of heavy wind, but not so much rain. It seemed to last forever- but all of sudden it got quiet- around 4am- Sam and Mike(his brother) did a quick survey of any damage around the property to be sure that there was not any hazards or concerns we should have in the second part of the storm. Everything look good. The winds started again around 6:45am- which was when daylight appeared, the children seemed to find peace so each of them started to drift into sleep. Sam and I slept on and off through out the night- not really a solid sleep but rested none the same. The boys(Paul and Sammy) were in the kitchen at the dinnette playing cards- still unable to rest. I was making my rounds, checking on each them to be sure they were ok, when I spotted the tree on the ground. I could not believe it. I asked the boys did they hear the tree fall. They both said No. I stood in awe- of the vision of this tree on the ground. Where this tree stood is exactly in front of where my two boys were playing cards. As I looked at this tree- I was overwhelmed with a feeling of Gratitude towards the Lord. I know it was HIS hand that not only protected my babies from harm, but also protected them from hearing this 80 foot tree crash to the ground. He took His hand, and gently laid that tree to the ground!!! I get overwhelmed every time I think of HOW wonderful the Lord is and that even through a storm like a Hurricane- you can look around and see His protective hands!

I have missed you my friends and have missed hearing from you- please tell what is new?!!!



Comments

  1. Good to hear from you, and I'm glad to know you all are doing well! Been working on the nursery and our to-do list before the baby comes. :) Hope you have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog...nice to meet fellow bloggers who live nearby. I love the idea of a bloggers meet-n-greet. I'm not actually in Houston, closer to the water actually...not necessarily a good thing these days. But we did alright through the storm. Had people praying for our house. God is Good...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have heard so many stories of how carefully trees fell just right to not land on homes and to fall away from hurting anyone. I know many did fall and hurt/damage, but I am thankful, knowing how much worse and how many many more people could have been hurt. Something like this just shakes you up a little, makes you so grateful, but also reminds us how mighty and powerful our Lord is. Glad you all were okay and you are back! Love,Annette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...