Skip to main content

Lunch With Annette


Here is me and Annette-at Italianos!


Me and my beloved in my new Siesta shirt- Thank you Angie!!!!



I was so excited to meet Annette. She was so gracious to come in my direction for lunch. We met at a small little Italian restaraunt in Humble- (said Umble) true Texans do not say their H-(another topic)
Funny- we both got there- she must have beat me to the restaraunt and they sat her right away. I get there thinking that she had not arrived, and they seat me, on the other side of the restaraunt- where I could not see her. After like 10 minutes, I thought-hmm wonder if she got lost or could not find the place- inspite of GPS. So I call- and she is sitting on the other side of the partition!

I was so excited and nervous I could not even eat! I was truly out of my element. I talked, and talked and talked!!!( I truly hope I did not scare her away!) She is truly beautiful inside and out! Did you all know she goes to Beth Moore's church? I thought that was an awesome tidbit of information!(haha) We talked about our husbands, our children, moving to Texas, just about everything under the sun. I was so sad when it had to end- I could not believe the time went so fast. I was so beside myself- that our dear Annette pick up lunch and I never thanked her- Isnt that so RUDE of me? I feel terrible- absolutely Terrible!!!!! I hope I really did not blow it with her! The icing on the cake- I had prepared a small bagged gift for her- and left it at home, and did not even remember it till I was pulling out of the parking lot! BOY do I feel stupid!

So tell me ladies have you ever had moments in your life where you feel like you really messed it all up with someone?
Time to SHARE!!!! (help me feel better!)



Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Well, first of all, if you were rude, I can't imagine you on a good day! You were such a delight to me, and what joy to finally put a sweet face and voice to the beautiful heart I've met on your blog. The good company, and good food btw, was such fun Friday! We'll have to meet again soon. Love you, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumor has it y'all had a great time! Sorry to use that Texan word. It just seemed to come out naturally! I'm so glad you had such a good lunch! I don't think you could be rude if you tried to be! I love your new picture and it's definitely not scary! :)
    I hope you are having a nice Saturday!
    Love,
    Angie xoxo

    p.s. The shirt looks great on you! How sweet that you had your picture taken with it! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a little something from the Siesta Fiesta... See, I told you you'd be there in Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,

    How could you have been rude? Been there done that. I met a friend for the first time a couple of years ago and Memphis, and all I could do was hug her and cry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie you are so beautiful to me inside and out. Rude? NEVER, It was all a case of nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see you out with friends Angie, I wish it was me!! (smile,smile)...

    Love the hair!

    celina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...